As the work of NTV/MRS continues to grow, so does our team of staff. If you have any questions about our current vacancies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 03 9487 4500.
Telephone Referral Worker (multiple full and part time vacancies)
We are looking to fill part-time and full-time roles for this position in our organisation. The roster operates across seven days a week for these roles and will include some weekend and public holiday work.
As a Telephone Referral Worker, you will provide customer focused, telephone counselling and referral services to inbound callers within Victoria, Tasmania and New South Wales, and ultimately Australia wide. The role will also be part of the wider team expected to provide early intervention outbound calls with men identified by police as having used or experienced family violence.
Key selection criteria
To be eligible for this position, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Appropriate tertiary training in Social Work, Counselling or knowledge in family violence sector or related field (e.g. Graduate Certificate of Social Science (Male Family Violence and Male Family Violence Telephone counselling)
- Specialist knowledge and skills and prior experience providing male family violence services, including intake and/or assessment
- Proven experience in telephone counselling and referral work in a welfare, community-based or state-wide service including the family violence sector
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including excellent, positive interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Can use computerised information systems and possess skills in data entry
- Demonstrated skills in adhering to and implementing systems, policies and procedures
- An understanding of culturally appropriate service responses for culturally and linguistically diverse communities and indigenous clients, and for diverse client groups including same-sex attracted men and men with disability
- A demonstrable understanding of the social and gendered context of family violence and the impact of violence on women and children
- Consistent work ethic with a high level of accountability and reliability
There is no closing date for these vacancies, please apply as soon as possible by sending a cover letter responding to the selection criteria, as well as an up to date CV, to email@example.com