As the work of NTV/MRS continues to grow, so does our team of staff. If you have any questions about our current vacancies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 03 9487 4500.
Treasurer – Board Member (Volunteer)
We are seeking a female Treasurer to join our Board. NTV/MRS is led and controlled by the Board which collectively ensures delivery of the organisations’ services, sets the strategic direction and upholds the organisations’ values.
The Treasurer is expected, among other things, to do the following:
- Financial recording, reporting and planning
- Ensure the organisation complies with its Constitution in regard to how finances are obtained
- See that regular, true and accurate records of all incoming and outgoing payments are kept
- Ensure that records and original documents (accounts, receipts and reports) are kept in a safe place
- Ensure all payments are signed in accordance with authority given in constitution
- Present the Board with a monthly financial report (an Income and Expenditure Statement and other relevant financial reports)
- Ensure that all payments made on behalf of staff – wages, taxation, work cover, superannuation – comply with legal requirements and organisation policies
- In conjunction with the CEO, prepare a 12 month financial statement for audit at least once a year, and present it at the Annual General Meeting
- In conjunction with Board members and the CEO, prepare an annual budget, for approval by the Board.
Skills and experience:
The Treasurer requires the following skills and experience:
- Very strong commercial acumen and ability to translate financial reports to Board members
- Effective communication skills
- Experience with financial reporting at a Board level
- Experience or knowledge in the preparation of annual reports
If you would like to find out further information about this position, please contact Susan Weir on (03) 9487 4500 or email SusanW@ntv.org.au
To apply for this position you will need to provide a copy of your resume and referee details to the above email address.
Please note that in line with our Constitution, only applications from women can be accepted at this time.
- Must have a valid Australian police check
- Must have a valid Victorian Working With Children Check
Policy Officer (full time)
No To Violence incorporating Men’s Referral Service (NTV/MRS) is a not-for-profit organisation working as a men’s peak body in Victoria and NSW for services and practitioners working with men who use family violence to stop their use of violence and abuse. We are looking for an experienced and qualified professional Policy Officer to join our organisation. This is a full time role working in an organisation which is rapidly developing and growing.
The role of Policy Officer is to assist in further developing, continuously improving, implementing and communicating NTV/MRS strategy, policies and minimum standards ensuring adherence by the organisation, its members and all other stakeholders/members within the male family violence sector. The role is part of the Strategy and Communication team playing an important role in terms of ensuring that NTV/MRS sets the benchmark and continues to lead as a major peak body within the family violence sector.
Key Responsibilities include
- Deliver strategic policy advice to the CEO, Communication and Strategy Manager.
- Coordinate policy and research within the male family violence sector.
- Formulate and conduct regular client and family violence sector consultation to inform policy and advocacy.
- Keep all internal and external stakeholders informed of policy developments.
- Lead and contribute to responses to external policy and system development.
- Participate in relevant reference and work groups, meetings and consultations.
- Develop policy positions related to the prevention of male family violence.
- Communicate the policies and practices to members, the community sector and government when required
- Maintain up-to-date in your knowledge of Family Violence including relevant services, support agencies etc. and remain abreast of any new policy or practice changes and activities.
Key selection criteria
- Commitment to pro-feminist approach and values of NTV/MRS
- Demonstrated knowledge of the current family violence reform system in Victoria including an understanding and knowledge of the Royal Commission into Family Violence and the Recommendations.
- Experience with government policy and program development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with stakeholder engagement
- Demonstrated capacity to work to deadlines, tight timeframes, and to a high standard
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently and with a team
- Demonstrated knowledge of family violence intervention and/or prevention
- Experience in the men’s family violence intervention sector
- Project management experience
- Experience with research or data collection and management
Annual salary dependent on experience, with salary packaging options available. Appointment to this position will require a satisfactory clearance of a Police Check.
If you have any questions regarding the role please email email@example.com or call Maria Gaggiano, Human Resources Officer (03) 9487 4500.
If you would like to take on this new position, please submit a cover letter explaining how you meet the selection criteria given above, as well as an up to date CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application.
Closing date for this position is Wednesday 2nd August 2017